Monday, May 04, 2009

Sunshine Cafe's First Anniversary

I feel like such a slacker. I don't have a Magazine Monday post for today because I couldn't be bothered, and I don't have any posts coming down the pipes for the rest of the week, either; usually I have several scheduled to publish in advance, but this week, nada.

Which doesn't mean there won't be any; I'm just not as on the ball as I usually am with this stuff. I have a mood disorder, in case you didn't know, and I think it's starting to rear its ugly head again.

Anyways, I did go out for a great lunch at a local hot spot on Friday. The Sunshine Cafe (previously posted about here, here, here and here) celebrated it's one year anniversary with Randi at the helm and my brother, SIL and I all went for lunch with my brother's co-worker and his girlfriend. It was a beautiful day and we sat out at one of the sidewalk tables in the sun.

At the counter where you order, there were free homemade cookies on offer, and there was Bailey's and Khalua available for your coffee should you want it.

For lunch, I had my standby, the Clubhouse. It was so huge I couldn't get my dainty little mouth around it. But it sure was good.My SIL had a veggie burger with bacon, mushrooms and Swiss cheese. She said it was great.My brother had the lunch special, which was a chicken pannini with avocado and a sauce I can't remember the ingredients for. He said it was also great.
Congratulations to Randi and her staff on a great first year of food and fellowship at the Sunshine Cafe!

7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

The food looks delicious.. Hope you are doing ok. Take your time with the posts, no worries, life happens as I learned, and blogging takes a back seat, but everyone is still here. :)

Cathy said...

Hope you feel better soon! Ditto to what Donna said...don't worry about the posts, focus on you. Is it wrong that I now want a clubhouse for breakfast?

Heather S-G said...

Yum...everything looks delicious! What a great feeling it must be to make 1 year! Hopefully many more to come :) And yes, take care of you...we'll be here when you feel like posting!!!

Dewi said...

Oh, hope everything is well, and that you feel better soon!
Take care,
elra

Bob said...

Man, now I want a sandwich. Those look amazing. Don't worry about the blogosphere, it will take care of itself. Take care of yourself first. Hope you feel better!

Thistlemoon said...

That totally looks like my kind of lunch place. I love a good sandwich!

Anonymous said...

You need to do what's best for you. I'll still be here no matter what! Looks like some delicious food you had! I'd take a handful of the fries, extra salty w/ mayo please.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin