Friday, May 22, 2009

Lunch at the Sunshine Cafe

Sorry I've been away for a bit; just not feeling well. I did get out for lunch today with my brother, to our usual haunt, Rossland's Sunshine Cafe. As usual, the food was really good!

My brother had the sandwich of the day, which was Greek Chicken Salad Wrap - chock full of olives, feta, and good stuff like that. It had celery in it, which he hates, but he put up with it.

Usually, I have the Clubhouse, but I decided to change things up and have a chicken burger with Swiss cheese, mushrooms, and sauteed onions. Yes, I had fries, too. Sue me; I'm sick.

9 comments:

Dewi said...

It is after 3 in the afternoon, haven had my lunch yet. And now being tease by this delicious post of yours. Hmmm... yum!

Elyse said...

You deserve those awesome-looking French fries. Everyone's food looks totally yummy. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Denise said...

I always get my burger with mushrooms..love them..Elyse is right those fries look to die for

Heather S-G said...

Yum, this looks so good wrapped in the lettuce...really.

Cathy said...

Hope you feel better soon!! I found my way into some duck confit poutine this week...helped immensely.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Looks like a great place to eat.

Anonymous said...

Who the hell would put celery in a Greek salad - bleh.

I want some fries now...

Wandering Coyote said...

Az: yeah, it seemed weird to me, too, but I guess it was because it's a cross between a Greek salad & a traditional chicken salad, which usually has celery in it. Didn't appeal to me, either, and my brother actually asked to have the celery removed, but because the salad was already mixed up he was SOL.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon :). Both meals look delish, especially yours! I can't turn down fries that look like that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin