In an email Chato wrote the following:
May is Mental Health Month and we are going to hold our2nd annual Cartoon-a-thon. This is when I try do draw one cartoon every day of the month. Our goal is to bring awareness to mental illness and to raise funds along with having fun too. The next stage of the Mental Health Humor Cartoons is the development and implementation of the Mental Health Humor project and funding free public presentations. My-self and a few other local volunteers will be heading this up to bring it to the public.I can't afford to donate, but I can put a smile on your face with a cartoon. We don't have Arbor Day in Canada, but I liked the sentiment nonetheless.
Yes, funding is always an issue so I'm asking if you can pledge a little something to the cartoon-a-thon.
Things you can do to help:
1. Visit our website every day to see the new cartoon (posting by 1:PM daily)
2. Sponsor us by pledging $5.00 or more. (Paypal or personal check)
3. Ask others if they would like to pledge (see this sponsor sheet)
4. If you have a blog or website / or e-mail list, post or send the new daily cartoon to them.
5. Print out and share the cartoons in your office or with your doctor.
6. If your on Facebook or MySpace or an other social network share them there.
7. Do what ever you can to be a part of Mental Health Month.
Any one who makes a $25.00 donation can have them-selves drawing as a caricature and used in one of the cartoons.
This is a funnest way to celebrate our month not just to bring awareness to mental health, believe me people know where here! No the best way is to celebrate our road to recovery laughing all the way.
Also BPD in OKC has informed us that Wear Purple Day - to promote awareness of Borderline Personality Disorder, one of the diagnoses I have - is May 15th, and to show support, I'll be wearing purple two weeks from today. I have a great purple tank top; I hope it's tank top weather by then!
Regular food-related posts will resume as scheduled! Thanks for reading; I really appreciate it!