Sunday, May 24, 2009

Magazine Monday #39: Spicy Molasses Cookies

Inspired by cookies I've been making at work recently, I decided to make some of my own ginger-snap-like cookies this weekend. I got the recipe, once more, from Canadian Living Magazine, which in February 2008 had a one-page feature on molasses. This was one of the recipes that was part of that article.

The recipe is here.

OK, I am being quite the lazy baker these days, and I didn't want to roll out and cut the dough into cookies, so I kept my dough a bit wetter and scooped the cookies into balls instead. I pressed them with a fork and sprinkled them with sugar, and that was it.

They were really good, and very spicy!

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Looks good - I'm seriously lacking on baking lately...too much on the go.

Denise said...

These look really good. I have never made ginger cookies..will have to try

Heather S-G said...

Spicy molasses...mmmm. I would love some of these with a big, cold glass of milk.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna try these! I love molasses/gingersnap-like cookies. I'm with you on rolling out the dough...I don't like it either! I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to that.

Donna-FFW said...

MM. I love these flavors.. reminds me of holidays, but I like to bake with ginger all year round also!

Reeni said...

I love a spicy cookie. I would enjoy sinking my teeth into these thick and chunky beauties. I bet they smelled awesome baking.

Tina said...

Oh, the aroma of those would make you crazy. Have you ever left a bag of coffee in your car and then shopped somewhere, come back out and the car has that wonderful java aroma? Your cookies would have that same "ahhhh" reaction!

Dewi said...

Molasses cookies sound so goood!

creampuff said...

This is very timely because I've actually been thinking of ginger cookies lately ... they look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I never tend to make cookies, but these look great!

jenn said...

Those sound great.

I've never made those before either, but you make them look easy!

Jenn@ www.slim-shoppin.com

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a molasses cookie recipe. Do these stay soft?

Wandering Coyote said...

Curiousdomestic: I underbaked these so they stayed soft. I prefer soft cookies to crunch ones.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin