Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe a few months ago on the Picky Palate. They looked so incredible! Last week I really, really needed a sugar fix, and I also needed to feel productive, so I printed off the recipe, tromped down to the local overpriced grocery store, and bought the necessary ingredients. I have not bought Oreo cookies in...well, I can't remember the last time I bought Oreos...In fact, I don't remember the last time I bought a packaged cookie! This is probably a good thing. I decided, in the end, to get the lower fat Oreo, but this didn't make much of a difference to the outcome.

These cookies are TO DIE FOR! The DOUGH is to die for! I ate an alarming amount of dough, actually... and didn't feel the least bit guilty.

The recipe is here.

I actually didn't keep most of these cookies, but took about 2/3 of them down to my brother's office, where they are usually appreciated (though he did mutter something about me "killing him with cookies" but I just smiled, told him not to thank me or anything, and left on my merry way).

9 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Ok, you, I am off to buy some oreos and am making these. My kids love oreos, and in a cookie, they will be thrilled. Since you liked them so much, I can not wait to try these!

Cathy said...

On the list for next weekend when I have to have oreos in the house for some cupcakes I'm making. Looks yummy!

Bob said...

Oh wow, cookie cookies! I love it. Heh, death by cookies is definitely in my top 5 ways I want to go. :D

Heather S-G said...

Oreo's are now on my list...these look too good!

Denise said...

Wow, i dont mean to echo my sister, Donna, but i am buying Oreos tomorrow...lol

Anonymous said...

Holy crap do these look good! Nothing like a cookie in a cookie!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Probably a good thing you did bring some to your brother. My sons love oreo cookies, if I make this they'll eat them all.

Elyse said...

These cookies look like the perfect sugar fix. AMAZING. I'm going to have to trek to the store and buy some overpriced oreos, as well. It's been years since I've bought them, too, but now that I've seen these cookies, I'm totally craving them. I can't wait to try out the recipe!

Reeni said...

How clever these are. Tasty little treats! I bet the dough would be awesome mixed into ice cream.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin