Friday, May 29, 2009

Out to Lunch

I've been out to lunch twice this week, which has been very nice.

On Wednesday, Dad and I took one of our trips to Nelson to shop at Save-on Foods. It was a gorgeous day, so we opted to buy some picnic stuff at the store and eat in the nearby park. We found a really nice spot...
I had a cheesy foccacia from the Save-on Bakery that was delish. It had garlic and herbs in it, too. Say what you want about grocery store bakeries, but Save-on has some really great products! I also had some fruit salad and muffin, also from the bakery.My dad had a salad and some sausage rolls, followed by some bridge mix. We had an uninvited guest, too:Did you know that crows don't like oranges or melon? Well, you do now!

Then yesterday, my SIL and I went to our favourite Rossland haunt for lunch, the Sunshine Cafe. Both of us felt the need to break away from having our "usuals" and we both opted for the special of the day, which was a BBQ chicken quesadilla. My SIL had hers with fries and I had mine with the soup of the day, which was cream of mushroom.The quesadilla, and the homemade salsa that accompanied it, was excellent. The soup was very rich, but not exactly my cup of tea. Still, the Sunshine Rocks!

12 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

All the food looks good. Its funny though, I always order the same things I know I love at certain restaurants.. every time I break out of the box, I get dissappointed. Not that Im real picky, I just tend to think I'm I dont know partial?

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a great place to have lunch! Nice food, yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

I love taking food and having an impromptu picnic...looks like a beautiful day for it! What is that first food photo...bread? Whatever it is, I want it!

Debbie said...

The park is beautiful....coming from the desert, as I do, (which I love ) I'd have to say ANYTHING eaten in that setting would have been mouthwatering.

Cathy said...

I miss Save On Foods with a passion! Calgary is the only city in Alberta without any (go figure). And isn't the sunshine great??!! It's supposed to hit 30 today - and I'm stuck in my office until at least 5 :(

Dewi said...

Beautiful and tranquil setting to enjoy your lunch, I wish I can be transported there at the very moment! Enjoy your lunch dear!

Reeni said...

What a gorgeous setting for lunch. Cheesy focaccia looks great, as good as a pizza. I'm like Donna, always order my favorites or else I'm not satisfied.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than dining outside on a nice day especially with the view you had! That bread did look yummy! BBQ chicken quesadillas? I'm making BBQ chicken this weekend, so I might have to come up with my own version. They sound and looked good.

Wandering Coyote said...

Donna-FFW: Old habits die hard, don't they? Sometimes you just need what you need. Well, look who I'm talking to! ;)

Rosa: thanks!

Girlichef: The first food shot is indeed of the focaccia - smothered in cheese...MMM...

Debbie: Welcome! We are blessed in this area with so many lovely lakes and rivers. So many great places to picnic!

Cathy: It was nearly 30 here today. Save-on is expensive, but they have decent sales, and I do love their bakery. They make excellent bagels.

Elra: Thanks!

Reeni: This was just like a cheese pizza minus the sauce. It was really, really good!

Shelley: The quesadillas also had in them refried beans, onions, and yellow & green peppers. They were very good!

Sara said...

Everything looks so good! Especially that bread, I could go for some right now.

Elyse said...

That focaccia looks AMAZING. I'm so glad you had a great picnic with your dad. Sounds like a great time--even with your uninvited guest :) Sorry I've been away for the past week; I had a good friend in town and wasn't able to do much on the computer. I'm back now, though :)

sp said...

What a lovely park in a beautiful setting.

I can relate to the crow because I'm not crazy about oranges or melons either.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin