Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kamloops Trip, Food Edition, Part 2

My friend S found this bakery in the Kamloops area called Craig's Bakery. They do not have a web site, unfortunately, but they do have some of the most amazing scones I've ever had. S swears by them, and the ingredient lists are always full of naturally good stuff and no crap. Scones and fruit salad were on the menu at S&M's on Saturday morning before M and his parents headed out to the gun show (where they met my dad - the gun show was the whole reason behind this trip) and S and I went to the mall.

No trip to a major centre in BC would be complete for me without a visit to the local Purdy's location!

What can I say about Purdy's other than they are the most amazing chocolatiers ever in the history of chocolatiers? They are to die for! They are also really expensive, but they usually have a basket on the counter of "almost perfect" chocolates sold at at discount because they're a little less than perfect. This particular day was my lucky day: I found a 1lb dark chocolate assortment - my favourite!!!!! - in the almost perfect basket! Of course, I snagged it. Woo-hoo!
For dinner that night, after a hard day of shopping, S's husband BBQed a huge side of salmon, using BC's Famous Salmon Marinade & BBQ Sauce. I love this stuff! Accompanying our salmon was a mixture of BBQed veggies and baked potatoes with all the fixings. For dessert, we had ice cream with sliced strawberries & whipped cream.
M is an excellent BBQer and the salmon was perfectly done and so, so succulent! And I love veggies grilled on the BBQ. This was one outstanding meal.

Incidentally, the plate my dinner is on and the platter the salmon is on were both made by S, who is a wicked potter!

Thank you so much for your hospitality, S&M! You guys rock!

Up next: my time at Anita's!

7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Absolutely gorgeous plates, I noticed them right away. The veggies look absolutely delicious. What will you make w/ the dark chocolate cant wait to see!

Karen said...

Not big on Purdy's myself although they have peanut butter daisies which make me willing to do almost anything for a bite of one.

Cathy said...

Peanut butter fingers at Purdy's are not bad. You need to get yourself some Bernard Callebaut chocolate...that my friend is heaven.

Heather S-G said...

Wow! That is one awesome dinner! And what a cool idea..."almost perfect" chocolates...almost!? I woulda snatched those up, too :)

Wandering Coyote said...

Donna-FFW: Oh, I'm not making anything with those babies - I'm eating them straight out of the package!

Karen: WHAT??? Not bit on Purdy's???

Cathy: I have had some Callebaut and we used it in culinary school, too. It's excellent, but I never see any around!

girlichef: yes, it is an awesome idea! The ones that are perfect get sold in boxes for WAAAAAAY more money!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Oh my, everything looks great. I do love Purdy's. Just discovered them after my move to BC.

Tina said...

I've never heard of Purdys! I live a sheltered life. That salmon looks good, well....all of it does. Great pics.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin