Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tofu Tuesday #3: Another Stirfry

Time for another installment of Tofu Tuesday!

While searching out new and exciting tofu products, I came across this at my local overpriced grocery store last week:
Yes! Flavoured tofu snacks, complete with dipping sauce, made by someone named Pete! For $2.49, I had to give it a whirl. Out of the package, this is what I was dealing with:
Well, it certainly didn't taste as exciting as it looks, I can tell you that. I had one triangle with the dipping sauce and I can safely tell you the dipping sauce was the best thing about the snack. Luckily, I have more imagination than just biting into a hunk of tofu dipped in sauce - I made a stirfry!
Coleslaw mix is my new favourite thing because it is wicked in stirfries. The udon noodles were OK - probably better in soup. And that is the only brand of Peanut Sauce I like. Here is the finished product:
Actually, all put together this was quite good. A simple, quick, healthy meal - which meant I didn't feel as guilty about the cake I ate from yesterday's post!

7 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I am embarrassed to say that I have never tasted tofu.

Sara said...

This looks great! I've been trying to eat more tofu, lately I've been tossing some of the silken variety into smoothies.

Cathy said...

I have a hard time getting my other half to eat tofu - he says it tastes like bland cardboard. But I hear you on the coleslaw mix as part of a stirfry..we've been doing that on and off for a few years...love how easy it is!

Van Santos said...

I know some don't much care for it but I really enjoy Tofu. Stir fry w/ peanut sauce sounds yummy. Way to be creative.

Donna-FFW said...

You made something so beautiful out of something average. Nicelydone. It looks wonderful.

Elyse said...

Mmm, that stir fry sounds delicious. Too bad the tofu wasn't great on its own. Oh, well, it's still a really cool snack idea. And I just love your finished product!! I never thought about cole slaw in stir fry. How clever!

tshsmom said...

Nice looking meal!

SME makes a wicked tofu stir-fry, but I just can't handle the tofu. I'd rather just have the stir-fried veggies.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin