Friday, April 17, 2009

Boring Dinner

Sometimes, you just need a quickie (right, Donna-FFW?).

Yesterday, I attended a boring workshop in which they fed us - and I am not kidding - hot dogs & chips. It's a long story, and quite frankly, the organization who was putting on the workshop did its best on a very small budget, and I'm not opposed to the odd hot dog dinner in my life. Some of the people there were just happy to be fed period. But, after the workshop, and after a stressful day yesterday which led me to be wiped out physically and emotionally today, I just needed a comforting, easy meal. This was it:
This is a chicken sausage I found on sale at the local overpriced grocery store, a Lipton Side Kick, and green beans. Such meals were typical when I was in university, though I generally ate turkey sausages before they became ludicrously expensive. This chicken sausage is not normally something I'd buy because of it's usually selling price, but since it was on sale, I thought I'd give it a go. It was OK - kinda dry and flavourless. I prefer turkey sausage, I think.

I can't be a fancypants all the time, can I?

14 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I had a good chuckle at your title: "boring dinner". We had boring dinner tonight too (cereal). I think yours was a bit more adventurous. LOL

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I certainly love hot dogs if they are homemade, otherwise they tend to be very boring and bland (here in Switzerland, at least)...

cheers,

Rosa

Donna-FFW said...

Yep, sometimes you need a good quickie, especially to the song Ive Had A Bad Day.. makes for good thrusting..

Heather S-G said...

I actually like a "boring" dinner sometimes. Usually easy and even good most of the time. :)

Cathy said...

Hey, sometimes that boring dinner just means ease and comfort!! I love chicken sausage..or sausage in general ;0

Dewi said...

Oh dear, I am sorry that you had boring and long day. At least you can find comfort in that mac "n" cheese, and the sausage, ya?
Cheers,
elra

A said...

ah! Don't tell me that! I just bought chicken sausage :(

Bob said...

I haven't had great luck with chicken sausage either, but I did find a garlic one that was reasonably good. Not that I can remember the brand... And those Lipton thingies can be pretty good, especially when all you need is something fast and tasty.

Sara said...

Looks good to me! I make plenty of boring dinners, sometimes getting a reasonably healthy meal on the table quickly is the most important thing.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

First time I hear an organization serving hot-dogs and chips.

Van Santos said...

No, no... those chicken sausages look really good. What spices did they have in them?

tshsmom said...

"I can't be a fancypants all the time, can I?"
Thank you for this post. I was starting to think you were superhuman. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the day from hell! I know I definitely don't feel like cooking after a day like that. However, you dinner looks pretty darn good to me even though it was a quickie!

Elyse said...

Nothing wrong with a wonderfully comforting meal like this one. I adore chicken sausage--nothing boring about it; it's totally tasty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin