Friday, April 24, 2009

Cranberry Orange Muffins for a Crowd

The muffin of the month for April at work is Cranberry Orange. These turn out great and are probably my favourite muffin so far. Be aware that they have a different method than the usual muffin directions, and when I make these I get about 2 1/2 dozen commercial-sized muffins.

Cranberry Orange Muffins

10 cups flour
5 cups sugar
7 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
5 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups shortening
3 3/4 cups orange juice
7 tbsp orange extract
5 cups cranberries (fresh, not dried)
5 eggs

1. Combine dry ingredients well in a large bowl.

2. Cut in the shortening, like you would do if making pastry, until the mixture is mealy.

3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, orange juice, and orange extract. Add to the flour mixture with the cranberries until well combined.

4. Scoop and bake @ 350F until done.

8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thta's a quantity! These muffins look perfect and so beautiful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

mmmmm...delicious! Cranberry & orange is a tasty combo!

Cathy said...

The cranberry orange combination is one of my favourites!

Bob said...

Cranberry orange was my favorite when I worked at Starbucks. Good times. Those look fantastic!

Dewi said...

Perfect and delicious muffin. I love cranberry in there.
Cheers,
elra

Elyse said...

What beautiful domes these muffins have! They look absolutely fabulous. Plus, cranberry and orange is one of my favorite flavor combos. I could definitely go for a nice fluffy muffin right now!

Donna-FFW said...

Glad I didnt miss this one. I also love the cranberry orange combination, and muffins are one of my favorite items to bake..

Anonymous said...

Cranberry orange is awesome! Your muffins look delish! I make a bread similar to this...it doesn't last long around me :). I'll have to try your muffins.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin