Monday, April 27, 2009

Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Via the miracle of Blogger's post scheduler, you are enjoying posts from me while I am away on a mini break, visiting two of my most excellent friends who live in the north Okanagan. My good friend S, who wanted the stock instructions, and her husband really enjoyed these cookies when I brought them during my last visit, so I thought I'd make another batch for this visit. These are one of my favourite cookies, actually, and I really enjoy making them. The recipe comes from The Cookie Bible, a book I use a lot.

Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

You know the deal: cream, combine, scoop & bake. 350F oven for about 12 - 14 minutes, under-baking recommended.

...And here is a picture of my roommate's cat, Malcolm, who was soooooo helpful in the baking process. I brought home a bag of sugar the morning I made these and placed it on the kitchen table while I went upstairs to putter around. I could hear Malcolm playing with something (he's always into one thing or another) but didn't think anything of it. When I eventually went downstairs to see what he was up to, I found this:
Little brat! I lost about half my sugar, and the rest might contain some cat hair... Grrrr!

8 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I laughed out loud when I saw your kitty in the sugar, how cute.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

These cookies look very tempting! Aaaahhhh, cats are real monsters ;-P!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

MMMMMMM, these sound awesome! Ah, kitty cats....

Cathy said...

YUM! I love dried cranberries in cookies.

Bob said...

Those cookies sounds awesome, I don't think I've ever had chocolate and cranberry together. Heh, love the cat. I've started keeping my sugar and flour in big airtight tupperware thingies to keep mine out.

Dewi said...

O...oh... naughty cat!
but the Choc Cran cookies sounds delicious!

Judith said...

I'm sure Malcolm thought you bought a new brand of cat litter just for him.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These cookies are amazing. I don't know how I have missed so many posts...you are a blogging dynamo!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin