Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Milk & Honey Bread

This is the second recipe I've made from the most excellent book, Earth to Table.

Now, I made the recipe as printed in the book, but I realized right away that there was a flaw in it. 6 cups of water to 1 1/2 cups of liquid will simply not work. I got one loaf of bread, and although it was delicious, I needed to resolve this issue! I contacted the Random House rep I work with for the reviews and she suggested Tweeting the authors, who manage their own Twitter page. I did this and got a reply!

This is a beautiful, tasty loaf, and I'll definitely make it again.

Milk & Honey Bread, by Jeff Crump & Bettina Schormann of Earth to Table fame, recipe available on Twitter

mix together:

2 cups of flour
3 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast

Add:

1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup honey

- Mix until all goopy

Add: up to 4 cups of flour, until you get a nice dough

Follow these basic instructions.

And voila!Beautiful! Wonderful! Amazing! I loved the soft texture of this loaf, and the sweetness the honey gave to it!

8 comments:

Palidor said...

Wow, that loaf looks amazing. I can't get over how soft the inside is. Aww, I want a slice!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

isn't the internet a wonderful place!

Excellent job tracking this all down for us!

Lea Ann said...

Beautiful. I'm saving this recipe and it will be the first I make with my new Kitchenaid Mixer (Christmas gift). I agree with Year on Grill - the internet is a fab. resource. Happy Thanksgiving.

Chocolaty Lifestyle said...

I love homemade breads, but I have never tried to bake one unfortunately. This one should be really yummy with honey and milk!

Great to hear that I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas so early, good luck for you! ;)

Chris said...

That is a gorgeous loaf of bread! Good catch on the recipe.

Anonymous said...

That loaf is perfect perfect! It does'nt matter how brillaint the recipe is W...bread making is NOT that easy and calls for talent...& W, you are evidently VERY VERY Talented...! Just incredible !

Tina said...

I just copied this recipe from you also. I am trying to get better about making bread. This loaf is a definite winner.

chow and chatter said...

this looks wonderful oh wow homemade bread heaven
Rebecca

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin