Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finally - A Toasty Torpedo!

Remember this post? Remember this ad and it's utter brilliance? Please, spend the 32 seconds it takes to watch this - it's worth it!



OK. Laughing are we? Good. Because the real Toasty Torpedo is no laughing matter!

Finally, I got to go to a Quizno's the other day. The nearest location is in Castlegar, which is about a half hour's drive from here. I'd spent the afternoon with my brother & SIL, helping them clean out the garage and making a couple of dump runs. We had to go to Castlegar to return the truck we were borrowing, so we decided on a cheap dinner at Quizno's. I of course wanted a Toasty Torpedo, so I ordered the Turkey Club one. This is it:Sigh...So unlike the picture. Well, nothing ever is, though, right? Anyway, this was puny! And not very satisfying! I came away hungry! Luckily, we went to DQ for a Blizzard afterward, so I wasn't totally starving, but still...The Toasty Torpedo was just flat out disappointing! Boo, hiss!

I still love Quizno's though; I just wouldn't order this again.

10 comments:

Palidor said...

Puny? It looks a decent size to me! Actually, the blizzards sound better than the sandwich. Did you know DQ has a blizzard club? They often e-mail me 2-for-1 coupons!

Donna-FFW said...

I normally love any kind of turkey club.. so sorry it was dissappointing. A Blizzard would indeed help!

NKP said...

I haven't tried Quiznos yet. I am rather partial to Subway's cold cut trio with everything! The whole footlong of course. :)

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

yeah, on paper the whole foot long idea is a bargain... But, puny is as puny does.

Shame too, as Quiznos cheapened themselves to compete with Subways $5 footlong. Their "normal" menu is much better than Subway's "normal".

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A pity they were disappointing...

Cheers,

Rosa

Kim said...

I loved the video, especially when the oven says "put it in me" - hysterical!! So sorry that it wasn't what you expected, but it sounds like the blizzard helped to make up for it!

Anonymous said...

That video is funny! We have a Quizno's about a mile and 1/2 from the house. I never go.

UrbanWorkbench said...

I had one of their $5 foot long subs the other day, maybe a roast beef and cheese. Best value item on the menu, I'd have to say.

No hunger after that!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you could fix an amazing Torpedo which would be dangerous..ly good :) ...

Chris said...

A DQ Blizzard.....mmmmmmmmm.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin