Friday, October 16, 2009

Thanks to Palidor!!!!


Once again, the thoughtfulness and generosity of my blogging community humbles me.

Today, I received a wonderful box from Palidor, author of Crazy Asian Gal. The box was bursting full of 13 different spices, including star anise, whole cardamom, and Palidor's dad's curry powder. Many are spices I cannot get where I am or are so exotic I couldn't afford them at all. Some, like the macha powder, I'd never heard of! Also in the box were some gourmet hot chocolate mixes and some Halloween candies. My office smells wonderful!

Palidor, thank you so much! I am very much looking forward to using these spices in different ways, and learning how to cook with them. The oncoming winter requires lots of hot chocolate, so those are going to be very nice when the cold weather hits.

You are so very kind, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this gift!

9 comments:

monicajane said...

what a delightful gift!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is so kind of Palidor!

Cheers,

Rosa

Palidor said...

You are very welcome!!! It really was my pleasure. I'm so glad it arrived! And on time too. You never know with Canada Post sometimes. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh those gifts look wonderful...how thoughtful....its sooo FUN getting presents packed with goodies like that ! Palidor is such a sweetheart... as always....!

Chris said...

SCORE! So....whatcha making for dinner now that you have this? (and what time can we all come over?)

Anonymous said...

Nice little surprise package. You are going to have fun with all of that. Looking forward to your posts of recipes.

Cathy said...

What a great gift!! It's amazing how excited we get at the gift of new and different spices. My girlfriend went to Turkey this year and came back from the spice bazaar loaded down with fun stuff for me!

Unknown said...

Very cool gifts! Palidor has good taste. You'll have a lot of fun making yummy creations with the spices I'm sure! They'll definitely go to good use :)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Kudos to Palidor. Her niceness comes through on her blog.


Enjoy these fantastic spices and hot chocolate.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin