Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tortellini in Herb-Garlic Dressing

If you don't already read Donna-FFW's blog, I highly recommend you do so! You'll learn a lot about food and sex, two things that go great together, and one of which my life sadly lacks. TMI? Too bad!

Anyway, when I saw this recipe I was immediately on the hunt for some tri-colour tortellini. You'd think this would be an easy enough thing for me to find, but no; the local overpriced grocery store sells fancy stuffed pasta, but none if it I like and, like just about everthing at the local overpriced grocery store, the stuffed pastas are overpriced. Luckily, I found some one sale at Save-On in Nelson last week.

Donna-FFW's recipe can be found here.

I tweaked it a bit. I added a cup of diced zucchini, and instead of basil & parsley, I used a whole bunch of cilantro. I also added a tad more garlic. The end result was fabulous! This was a simple meal to put together, and it was light and tasty - just what I needed on a hot, stress-filled day.

Thanks again for another winning recipe, Donna-FFW! You rock!

10 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious dish! perfect for the warmer days!

Cheers,

Rosa

Cathy said...

Love the addition of zucchini and cilantro! Looks great!

Bunny said...

The perfect summer salad, I think I'm already tired of mayo based salads. This is perfectly light and delicious!

Heather S-G said...

Sounds delicious!

Dewi said...

Sounds really delicious and refreshing for summer dish!

NKP said...

I have been craving tortellini since I saw Donna's post too. Good call on adding the extra veg, yum!

Donna-FFW said...

You rock right back!! XXOO.. thank you for the shout out. I am loving your adaptations, extra veggies sound perfect.

Reeni said...

I loved at Donna's and I love it here! I like your changes, especially the garlic and cilantro!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

You're right she has a great entertaining blog. Delicious recipe.

Anonymous said...

Donna makes some great stuff, and so do you! I'll have to try this. I generally have tortellini hot, but it sounds great as a salad, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin