Monday, June 08, 2009

Depression Food: Encore

Mood disorders - particular those of a unipolar nature - often produce cravings for comfort foods. For me, this means chocolate, sugar, and carbs in general.

Today, while perusing my usual food blogs, I saw on Girlichef's blog a recipe for chocolate & peanut butter chip cookies in which a cake mix had the starring role. I've seen recipes for cookies using cake mixes quite a bit in the food blog world, but I've never gotten around to making any, until now.

The recipe is here. As Girlichef says, the brown sugar didn't seem necessary to her, so I didn't add it and I didn't feel these cookies lacked a thing because of that omission.

I loved these! They were simple and quick, which was perfect for me in my current frame of mind. There was near-instant satisfaction. The cookies were also delicious, cakey, and fudgey, and the peanut butter chips were fantastic. It doesn't get much better than chocolate & peanut butter combined.

Thanks Girlichef!

11 comments:

Heather S-G said...

You're welcome!! I figured they'd taste great w/out that brown sugar. Glad to hear you liked them...I'm craving some again now :D

Cathy said...

These look delicious! I could go for some of those.

Reeni said...

They looks so soft and very chocolaty!! Peanut butter chips just put them over the top!

Donna-FFW said...

They do look delicious, so chocolatey and with peanut butter, I have got to try this! They wouldnt last long here for sure.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wonderful! I also crave that kind of scrumptious treat...

Cheers,

Rosa

Coleens Recipes said...

What a yummy "crave-satisfying" cookie!

Tina said...

I love peanut butter! and chocolate! and who doesn't love cookies!!

Bob said...

I've never made cake mix cookies either, I want to try them out though. They look great! Hope you're feeling better. :)

NKP said...

Nothing like chocolate with peanut butter to comfort the soul.

Bunny said...

I made chocolate cookies from a cake mix that were so soft (just the way I like them), I should have added pb chips!! These look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo I haven't made these in a long time! Yours look great! These are going on my list of sweets to make soon :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin