Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Coconut Muffins

Coconut is one of my favourite flavours, and last week I saw a recipe for Tropical Coconut Bread on Denise's blog, Keeper Worthy Recipes. If you don't already read Denise's blog, I encourage you to go on over and take a peek. She is also Donna-FFW's sister, incidentally, which is how I happened upon KWR to begin with. I love it when blogging becomes a family affair!

Anyway, since I'd already decided to make the Sour Cherry & Buttermilk Loaf from the previous post, I decided to turn the coconut bread into muffins. I used my king-size muffin pan and my mini muffin pan with mini silicone muffin cups. I got 6 king-size muffins and 11 minis.

This is one great recipe! The texture of the muffins was right on - light and fluffy but still with enough density to set it apart from a cake - and the flavour was coconutty without being overpowering. They weren't too sweet, like coconut pudding can be.

The recipe is here.

Thanks Denise; this recipe is definitely keeper-worthy!

15 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

There you go again making me jealous of the king sized muffn pans.. I cant find them anywhere. I am so thrilled you like this recipe also, I am actually buying coconut milk today to try it. Love how those king size muffins look. Is there somewhere to order that darned pan online?

Donna-FFW said...

Oh question, some thought to use coconut milk.. do you think it would make it too coconutty?

Cathy said...

I'm with you on coconut being one of my favourite flavours! The muffins look great.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fabulous!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

They are so tall! It makes them look even better, too cool! Yummy coconut...I loved the flavors in this when I saw it at KWR, too!!

foodcreate said...

Delicious!
I love coconut flavor recipe
yours look grand!

Thanks for sharing with all of us:)

And you can visit me if I can visit you:)

Welcome:)
foodcreat.com

Dewi said...

I really like coconut, so I'll coconut muffin. Sounds scrumptious.

Wandering Coyote said...

Donna-FFW: the pan is from Wilton, and you can order it from the Wilton site. www.wilton.com or something like that. As for the coconut milk...Not sure how that would work. These were perfectly coconutty for me as they were!

Wandering Coyote said...

Rosemary: can you send me a link, please? The address you posted doesn't work.

Denise said...

Hey thank you so much for the shout out, your muffins look ginormous and wonderful. Glad you liked them...

Reeni said...

Coconut is one of my favorites too. These look great - love the ginormous ones!

Bunny said...

Wow those are some big delicious muffins!

Emily Rose said...

yum! I love coconut too- I am definitely going to try these out soon! Oh and I love your giant muffins- I have been on the look out for a giant muffin tin!

Anonymous said...

Dang! Wish my husband liked coconut. These look fantastic, but I don't think I could take them all down myself (I suppose I could, but the aftermath wouldn't be pretty!).

Tina said...

Where DO you get those muffin pans?! Oh..I just read futher down and yu answered Donna - Wilton! I hope Amazon has them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin