Thursday, January 08, 2009

Zucchini Fries

I was supposed to make these last night to accompany my burger, but as I was about to cut into my zucchini my roommate gently pointed out that it wasn't actually a zucchini but a cucumber. I hate cucumbers and I was ticked. So, after work today I went to the store and acquired a real zucchini. This recipe is from the same issue of Clean Eating Magazine as the burgers from yesterday.

Zucchini Fries

cooking spray
4 small zucchini, trimmed & cut into "fries"
1/4 tsp sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated finely

1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.

2. Toss zucchini with salt & pepper. Coat thoroughly.

3. Arrange zucchini on baking sheet in a single layer and roast, tossing half way through cooking, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with cheese.

Easy-peasy! And pretty good, I might add, too. I thought this was a cool new way to do zucchini and I think I'll be making this again! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious and healthy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

I am hooked. I have to get that Clean Eating Magazine now!!! Those fries sound great!

Debbie said...

Thanks for this one, I have a new side to make with my burgers now. I always do a side of fruit or baked beans, I'm not a fan of french fries or potatoes in general. I love zucchini too! I'll link you when I make it, I plan to make burgers on Sunday and I will do this side with them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin