Monday, January 26, 2009

Magazine Monday #25: Mexican Chocolate Pudding

I always look forward to getting Gourmet in the mail each month. I have let go of Bon Appetit becuase I found I was not using the recipes to make a subscription worthwhile, but Gourmet keeps on delivering for me.

This week's Magazine Monday contribution comes from the latest issue of Gourmet, and it's simplicity caught my eye. The recipe for Mexican Chocolate Pudding can be found here.

I didn't have any almond milk on hand, so I substituted 1% spiked with a few drops of almond extract. This was a really easy recipe to put together and it tasted divine. The flavour combination of cinnamon, chocolate, almond, and vanilla was lusciously complex, and the pudding was silky on the tongue. Definitely a keeper!

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love Gourmet magazine! This recipe looks delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

I love cinnamon and chocolate together! This looks amazing!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I love pudding so much that I became addicted to it and I had to give it up. That looks good enough to fall off the wagon for. Thanks for tempting me you kitchen vixen.

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

the pudding has a nice sheen...love it!

hi first time here...n love this place. :)

creampuff said...

I agree with you completely about Gourmet vs. Bon Appetit. It is the far superior magazine. Love the pudding!

Mam said...

Ummmmmmmm.....homemade chocolate pudding. My favourite dessert of all time.

Debbie said...

I have to try this...

I had subscribed to Gourmet a couple years ago and was disappointed with all the advertisements. They really do have amazing desserts in that magazine though.... Maybe I'll give them another try.

This looks so yummy. I'm putting this on my must try chocolate list. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin