Wednesday, January 28, 2009

101 Uses for a Roasted Chicken #12: Chicken & Mushroom Lasagne

OK, so it's been a while since I wrote a post in this series - and I've had two roasters in the freezer for like ages! Ah well. Last Friday I had the opportunity to go cross-border shopping, and I found that ricotta cheese and oven ready lasagne noodles were about half the price they are up here! So, of course I grabbed what I wanted, took out a chicken to thaw on Saturday, roasted the sucker, and made the lasagne on Sunday.

Check out this post for the ingredients and method.

I used about 3 cups of mushrooms in this version, and I used low fat ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. The tub I got in the States was way bigger than the tubs I usually get here, 907grams as opposed to the usual 500g.

This was a bit of a drier lasagne, but it was still delish!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Chicken in lasagna! What a great idea! This looks delicious.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love cross-border shopping and always find good deals. Great lasagna.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh that looks *sooooooo* delicious.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin