Friday, January 30, 2009

Product Review: Kashi Bars

A while ago, my blog friend Megan wrote a post extolling the wonders of Kashi bars, so I just had so suss myself some out. My local overpriced grocery store kept two varieties in stock, but they are $4.99/box. When I was in the States last week, I found a huge variety of Kashi bars for only $2.98/box. With the exchange rate, that came to $3. 58/box. I got myself two whole boxes.

There were so many choices of Kashi bars I was a little light-headed... But I settled on the Cherry Dark Chocolate chewy granola bar and the Dark Chocolate Coconut. The latter is touted on the box as "new" and it must be because I cannot find it on the Kashi web site.

Neither bar contains high fructose corn syrup, which is excellent, and they are whole grain all the way. The cherry ones could have had more cherries in them, but otherwise were quite yummy. The chocolate coconut ones were very chocolatey and rather dangerous! I wish both bars were larger in size; there isn't a lot to them when you take them out of the box.

All in all, quite a nice little snack to have on hand when the old sweet tooth rears it's ugly head. I'd definitely buy these again.

Thanks for the recommend, Megan!

4 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

That is pricey! I'm glad they were yummy though. Thanks for your reassurances on my non-dorkiness. :)

sp said...

I've always wondered what these are like. Now I think I'll give them a try.

Judith said...

Some Kashi products are on the Curves Smart program- I think it's the cereal and the crackers and ,if I'm lucky, these snack bars! The Curves snack bars are good but quite small but at least it's a fast 100 cal. snack that I can eat on the run on my hectic job on the run!

Joanna said...

these are really delicious. my mom always buys boxes of these when we're at the store. she loves the trail mix bars.

i'm shocked at how expensive those are!! i wouldn't buy them if i had to pay 5 bux a box either.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin