Monday, January 12, 2009

Magazine Monday #23: Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta & Cabbage Slaw

One of my foodie New Year's resolutions was to eat more vegetarian fare, and the Feb. 2009 issue of Bon Appetit had this recipe for black bean tacos that caught my eye. I made them last night and they were pretty good! I didn't use corn tortillas, however, because I don't like them, but the wheat ones worked fine. I also don't like hot sauce, so I just used some of my regular salsa from this post. All in all, a good meal; the feta was an interesting addition and I really liked the fresh slaw on top of the taco. This was a cheap and easy meal to put together and I think I'll keep the recipe around for the future!

The recipe Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta and Cabbage Slaw can be found here.

6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Those look really good but I got gas from just looking at them.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Yummy, I can't resist a good taco!

Cheers,

Rosa

Karen said...

Not a fan of the black bean but it does sound delicious. I like the idea of the feta and the slaw on top. A nice change. Mmmm, now I want tacos.

Wandering Coyote said...

Dr. M: I know, I know...beans and cabbage in the same dish...potentially deadly!

Rosa: Thanks!

Karen: I'm sure you could substitute another type of bean you do like...

sp said...

those look great. Good to hear you're opting for some more veg options.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love making vegetarian meals. This looks like something I would love.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin