Thursday, October 16, 2008

Girls Dinner at the Shovel

A few months ago, I wrote a gushing review of a local pub called The Flying Steamshovel. They do have amazing pub grub, and last night I went to have a girls dinner with my friend P. We were both in burger moods, and I was in a cocktail kind of mood, so I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea. I have not had alcohol in way too long - and man, was it delish!

This is the Shovel Burger, which P ordered. Huge patty, choice of cheese, all the fixings.

Somewhat appropriately, I ordered a sandwich called "The Hangover." Egg-dipped bread, chicken, ham, swiss cheese, and caramelized onions - fantastic!

P has a crazy-busy week and there was a group of obnoxious, seriously drunk guys there being really rowdy (um, on a Wednesday night? at dinnertime? Sigh...such is the town I live in), so we cut our evening short. It was so nice while it lasted, though, and despite the intoxicated idiots creating a ruckus two tables down, the Shovel still has great food!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Glad you had fun. Sorry about the rude intoxicated people!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin