Thursday, March 05, 2009

Repost: Chocolate Fudge Pudding

I seem to be on a bit of a pudding kick this week, but I'm not complaining. I could eat pudding until I look like it (some might argue that I already do). I actually made this recipe last weekend because I'm submitting it as part of my latest Bread 'n Molasses column, and I didn't have any pictures of it on file. Shame! I had to make chocolate pudding just to take a picture!

The original post is here.

So here is the recipe.

The Amazing Self-saucing Chocolate Fudge Pudding!

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder, divided
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp veg oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups hot (not boiling) water

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In an ungreased 8" square pan or 2.5 quart casserole, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp of the cocoa.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining cocoa powder, nuts, and brown sugar; set aside.
3. Stir milk, oil, and vanilla into the flour mixture in the pan and blend well. Spread out evenly. The batter will be thick.
4. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over the batter and carefully pour the hot water over everything. DO NOT STIR!
5. Bake until tester inserted comes out clean - 40 - 50 minutes depending on pan size. Serve warm. Makes about 6 small servings, but four larger ones is preferable. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Incredible! This pudding looks mighty scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

My husband will want me to make this as soon as he sees this picture!

Tina said...

I am totally making this pudding. Chocolate and gooey - can't go wrong.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin