Saturday, March 14, 2009

Foodie Parcel & Award Time!

I have been very lucky to "meet" some very generous folks through my blogs. One of them is Jodi, who's been a reader of ReTorte and Wandering Coyote almost since I started them. Amongst other things, like the very and literally cool bed fan (yes Donna - FFW, I do sleep with machinery, thank you very much!) that has greatly improved the quality of my sleep this week, Jodi sent me a huge parcel filled with all kinds of goodies.

Top row, L - R: Williams Sonoma Hot Chocolate, Red Sour Cherry Preserve & Topping, Raspberry & Cherry Preserve & Topping, Cream Nut Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters, Billington's Sugar Crystals.

Bottom row, L- R: Jodi's homemade scotcheroos (yum!), a selection of Dove chocolate bars, Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate.

Um, I'm already half way through the peanut butter clusters - they are insanely fantastic. I have also eaten about half of the scotcheroos - they are delish! I'm so looking foward to trying everything else!

This box (and the remainder of what was in it can be seen here, along with my cat making herself comfy in some of the contents) totally made my day - my month, in fact - and I am very grateful that I have such thoughtful people in my life!

And speaking of thoughtful people, I received and award from the aforementioned and absolutely hilarious Donna - FFW.

Along with this award comes this message:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."It also says : "Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

So, I am going to pass this award along to:

Thank you, Donna-FFW - you honour me. And thanks to everyone out there who makes my life richer each day just by blogging your heart out!

16 comments:

Meg said...

You totally deserve this award and the words that accompany it. Thank you so much for passing this award to me. It means so much to me. Thank you also for being such a great blog friend.You are the best.

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks, Meg! You totally deserve it!

Van Santos said...

Thank you so much for this WC, I'm so very touched! You've become a good friend and source of inspiration.

Sara said...

What a bunch of fun treats! You're very lucky :)

Donna-FFW said...

You so deserve your award!! I Love your blog. Those treats look awesome!Send me some, OK?

Wandering Coyote said...

Van: you are so welcome! You've become a good friend, too, and I always appreciate your comments and support!

Sara: yes, I am VERY VERY lucky!

Donna-FFW: Thank you so much. Like I said, you honour me!

Joie de vivre said...

Thank you so much! I love your site too!

Joanna said...

thanks so much for the award!! you definitely are a great person and friend. i feel like i have more blogger friends than people i actually know. haha in fact, i know i do!!

the preserves sound so delicious. i've always been an apricot preserves lover myself. and all the other sweets don't hurt either.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, what an awesome parcel!

You deserve such an award! By the way, thanks ever so much for the award! I am really flattered...

Cheers and have a great Sunday,

Rosa

Wandering Coyote said...

Joie: thanks!

Joanna: Ha! I know what you mean! I have more of a social life in this virtual world of blogging than I do with flesh and blood people! I can't wait to try the preserves - I love anything with cherries in it.

Rosa: well, you have an amazing food blog and your pictures are out of this world!

Joie de vivre said...

I know I just came by last night, I just wanted to say, thanks again for all your wonderful comments.

P.S. The remedy for not having an Ethiopian restaurant in town is to make your own food!

Judith said...

OK what's a bed fan?

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Congratulations on the award as well as the fantastic goodies. It is your lucky week:D

Wandering Coyote said...

Joie: hey, you're welcome! And yes, I could make my own Ethiopian food! That is the obvious answer, isn't it? I guess I was just regretting not having a cool dining experience when it was readily available to me.

Mom: I just emailed you.

Bellini: Thanks! Indeed it was my lucky week!

Tina said...

Thank you SO much for the award. It was hard choosing eight people...You gave it to Joie de Vivre before I could....
Thanks for all your help with everything too - like Foodbuzz and cooking and...everything!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

What a great parcel. This is so nice of her.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin