Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Donna's Malt Ball Cookies

If you aren't already a reader of Donna - FFW's blog, I highly suggest you become one instantly! She's brilliant! Last week, these malt ball cookies appeared on her site and I thought they were unique and appealing, and since it's PMS time, I decided to make a batch. I didn't use Whoppers as the local overpriced grocery store didn't carry them, so I used Maltesers, which I had a hard time not eating as I was making the cookies.

Malt Ball Cookies (original recipe here)

1 cup salted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp instant hot chocolate mix (I used my favourite kind, Ghirardelli's Chocolate Mocha)
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups malted milk balls, chopped

Bake at 375F for 10 - 12 minutes. I scooped using my #70 cookie scoop and got just over three dozen cookies.

These were fan-freakin'-tastic! The dough was nigh on impossible to resist dipping into as I made these, and the coffee flavour from the hot chocolate mix went really well with the malt balls and made for a really tasty cookie.

Thanks Donna-FFW!

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love Maltesers! These cookies must be gorgeous!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

I bookmarked these, too because they looked so fabulous...yours do, too! Now it's becoming urgent...must buy malted milk balls!

Cathy said...

Looks great...I may have to try these this weekend.

Unknown said...

look wonderful!!!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I think my two kids would eat these quick. Looks good.

Meg said...

Yum! I love that you used the mocha flavor.

Van Santos said...

I haven't had Malt balls in ages. The mix of white chocolate w/ the Malt looks good.

Add this to the list of things to try.

Elyse said...

I agree: Donna's blog is just fabulous (as is yours)! These malt ball cookies look sooo so good! I love how thick and chewy they look, and malt always adds a great texture and flavor!

Donna-FFW said...

Thank you, I love you, you are so sweet to me!! Mocha flavored malt balls... where the heck did you find those babies?? I want 'em.. Thank you again for the shout out, you are so sweet to try my recipes.. It really makes my day, I always show FFH your posts, he loves the way you didi his chicken!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin