Friday, September 19, 2008

101 Uses for a Roast Chicken #9: Mexican Chicken Salad

I have a feeling this is going to be a long series...

Anyway, I concocted this for my dinner tonight, wanting to do something different with your average, every day chicken salad. And it was yummy!

Mexican Chicken Salad

1 1/2 cups roast chicken meat, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp light sour cream
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp fajita or taco seasoning mix

Combine ingredients.

I made a sandwich with this using my fabulous sour cream polenta bread, and the combination was great.

Use whatever veggies work for you; I just used what I had on hand.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Oh now THAT sounds delicious! Nice one.

Meg said...

Yum...cilantro and lime. I will have to try this!

Absolutely Delish said...

I love your Uses for Roast Chicken series! You have so many amazing and delicious ideas!

Wandering Coyote said...

Karen: this is pretty tasty!

Meg: cilantro is one of my favourite things to cook with, and I love lime, too.

Gourmet: welcome! I'm enjoying this series, too; it's helping me think outside the box. Thanks for commenting!

mister anchovy said...

I love roast chicken no matter what you do with it

Cakespy said...

Oh, holy yum this sounds good!!! Love the slabs of carbohydratey wonderful bread it's served on too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin