Monday, September 22, 2008

Magazine Monday # 8: Shrimp in Ginger Butter Sauce

Ivonne is back from holidays, so Magazine Monday is back too!

Tonight's edition features one of my favourite things, shrimp. I always have frozen, zipper back shrimp around the house. They became a staple when I was on Weight Watchers a few years ago, as they are low in fat and high in protein. Oh, the shrimp dishes I made as I shrank! After kicking WW (long story), I kept the shrimp around. They aren't terribly expensive and as a single gal one 1lb bag goes a long way.

As I've mentioned before, I have a subscription to Gourmet, which I really enjoy. They have a monthly segment featuring dinners for one or two and in the September 2008 issue, the Shrimp in Ginger Butter Sauce recipe caught my eye. The ingredients were simple and on hand, and the method was easy, too.

This recipe is a keeper! I substituted some dry white wine for the sherry, and I served the shrimp with yellow beans and carrots from my own garden that I sauteed with some olive oil and garlic. The ginger butter sauce was a perfect compliment to the shrimp, but also tasted great with the veggies. And you can never go wrong with cilantro, in my books. The entire meal was delish!

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! A wonderful shrimp dish!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

There is something in the air. The last blog I just read had shrimp too! This looks delicious! Shrimp is one of my favorites!

Wandering Coyote said...

You can never have too many shrimp recipes!

Dr Zibbs said...

This look great!

Cherie said...

This looks soooo good. And I'm with you about cilantro!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin