- I made 12 bagels from the recipe instead of 10. This worked very well and I was very happy with the size this batch came out as
- I reduced the black pepper to 1/2 tsp instead of a full tsp. The last batch was too peppery. I might forgo the pepper altogether next time
- I used a whole egg for egg wash instead of just the whites. Not a big change, but it worked just as well
- most notably, I boiled the bagels for a longer time than I did previously. This, I think, was key in making them nice and chewy
- I baked them at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time
- I did half with sesame seed topping and half with coarse salt
So, things are coming along. These should last me over 2 weeks, so I'll make more then.