Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Carrot Bundt Cake

Just a short, quick post today. My SIL's birthday was last night and the night before I got a last-minute request to bake a cake for her. She loves carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I got a new bundt pan for Christmas and decided to try it out.

The batter was really thick and the cake turned out a bit crusty on the outside, but was otherwise a hit. The cream cheese glaze was yummy and looked really nice. The bundt pan was great; the cake came out really easily and baked evenly - excellent!

Recipe here. I winged the glaze a bit, using milk instead of milk powder, more vanilla and way less powdered sugar, and skipped the cream of tartar. I drizzled on the glaze after the cake was cooled rather than when it was still warm.

3 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Lucky sister in law! I like the idea of using a bundt pan for carrot cake, I bet the crusty exterior made it all the more yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I see no reason why you couldn't freeze the lasagna as it was more of a goulash anyway since I used elbow macaroni. If you try it, let me know!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great Bundt Cake! Really picture perfect!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Rosa

Meg said...

This looks amazing. Aren't bundt pans great!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin