Friday, March 25, 2011

Vancouver Food, Part 1

Busy times! Last week, I returned from a trip to Vancouver to visit friends & family. I have a ton of photos, so it's hard to sort out where to start.

How about Ikea?

What is a trip to the coast without a stop at Ikea? My dad loves Ikea, particularly their food section. He loves their coffee and he stocked up big time. He also likes their bread mixes, and so do I, so he bought a few of those, too. Dad really likes the Ikea cafeteria, for reasons I just don't get. Yeah, it's inexpensive, but I was at the coast - I wanted to have lunch somewhere more "coasty". We compromised by having a snack at the cafeteria (which is oddly very similar to the BC Ferries cafeterias) and going somewhere else for lunch.

So, here is what we had.

My SIL had this chocolate torte thingy that you can buy whole in the frozen section of the food part of the store. She said it was pretty good. She downed it with a lingonberry juice.

My dad had this bran muffin that had an odd shape. He downed it with some of his favourite Ikea coffee. I have been advised that when I go to Van in June (which is in the works) that should I pass by Ikea, I am go to in and buy Dad a huge stockpile of coffee and bread mixes.

I had an Ikea cinnamon bun. It was OK. I've had way better, which you will hear about in the future!

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Very cool Ikea food! I miss Ikea! That torte looks fantastic. We used to walk to the Ikea in Richmond across one of the bridges along South Marine Drive. Brings back lots of memories. Thanks!

la said...

That bran muffin looks like a sad penis to me. It's not just me, is it?

An-y-way, my dad loves the Ikea canteen, too. I think it must be a dad thing.

DEZMOND said...

lingonberry? What's that? I've heard of dozens of different berries, but never of that one :) Is it tasty?

Wandering Coyote said...

Suzie: no problem!

La: Ok, no, you are not alone. I thought the same thing, but I didn't really want to say so on the blog! It's true, though!

Dez: it's like a cranberry, and a very popular berry in Scandinavia.

la said...

Trust me to lower the tone of your blog! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin