I was moved beyond words this morning when Dave of My Year on the Grill wrote a post about...well, me. You can read it for yourself here.
Rarely am I speechless.
Thank you, Dave.
Dave did a bit of research for his post over on my regular blog, Wandering Coyote. I have a few ReTorte readers who also read WC, but I don't know how many exactly. The WC blog is, as Dave said, a much darker than this food blog, which I try to keep mainly positive and enthusiastic. WC is where I let my "dark" side out a bit...OK, quite a bit. You should not be put off by the fact that my tagline is "Tattooed, Pierced, and Potty-mouthed;" I really am friendly!
In the spirit of being open with you all over here on ReTorte, and to give you a bit more information about me, and to clear up a couple of Dave's questions, here is a bit of personal, non-food related information about yours truly.
1. I have two tattoos: one on my back and one on my left ankle. The back one is of a moon goddess and I got it in celebration of my 30th birthday. The ankle one is my "divorce tattoo" which I treated myself to after my divorce.
2. I am divorced & have been for 4 years now.
3. I live with three mental illnesses: Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, and BPD. I am doing really, really well right now, though!
4. I have 12 piercings, all but one of them are in my ears. The one not in my ears is in my nose. I used to have a lip ring, but due to a long story involving WalMart, dentists, incompetent piercers, and passport photos, I had to take it out. I do want to get it re-pierced, though. I'm also thinking about an eyebrow ring, but I'm not 100% on that yet.
5. I listen to a lot of heavy metal music, and my favourite band is Nightwish!
6. I have a bratty but cuddly cat named Juno!
7. I definitely am potty-mouthed, but I do try to control it as much as possible!
8. I have a degree in creative writing from the University of Victoria. I got this in 1998, well before my pastry training at PICA.
9. I lived in Ottawa, Canada's capital, for seven years and, although I had good friends there, I hated that city more than I can possibly put into words. Don't get me started.
10. I currently live in the town I grew up in, after swearing I'd never move back here when I left in 1992. Sometimes necessity is a bugger. I got sick, I needed to be around my family, and my father, youngest brother, and sister-in-law all live here.
Anything else you want to know? Leave a comment!
And again, Dave, you are the best! Thank you for making my day!