Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brownies...Or Blackies?

I made these this weekend. My friend provided the chocolate, which was 85% cocoa content. The recipe is Jamie Oliver's, and can be found here. This picture is slightly over-exposed; the brownies were so dark they were nearly black.

Although it calls for dried sour cherries, I've had a devil of a time finding any dried cherries period around here. In this case, I substituted with cherry-flavoured dried cranberries. They're not sour, but they were OK. I also used pecans because my friend doesn't like walnuts.

These were so moist and rich I could only eat one or two the entire time I was there...

4 comments:

Cakespy said...

Those sound positively decadent. I really like more dense, fudg-y brownies, but a little does go a long way.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Those look really good. I like Jamie Oliver's food and his recipies are easy to follow.

Annie said...

Go to Country Ovens website... you can get dried tart cherries that are not infused or sugar coated. They are also available all year!

Wandering Coyote said...

Annie: Thanks for the tip. However, the cost of those dried cherries is a tad ridiculous for me on my modest budget, and I don't think it would be worth it for me to pay the extra money to have them shipped to Canada.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin