Tuesday, March 25, 2008

101 Uses for a Roasted Chicken: #2 & #3

This week, a bit of a no-brainer and a yummy sandwich.

The no-brainer, #2 on the list of 101, is a chicken caesar salad: cubed chicken, romaine, dressing, parmesan cheese, some croutons.  I had this for dinner last night.

The yummy sandwich, #3 on the list, is a spin on the traditional grilled cheese: grilled chicken, swiss, and pesto on whole-grain bread.  This is a to-die-for combination, and if you want to make it even more awesome, you can add a strip or two of bacon.  

I have been eating grilled sandwiches regularly this winter, and I don't really know why.  I usually have a grilled Black Forest ham & swiss, but because I'm avoiding the deli now, the chicken was a very tasty replacement, and it pairs brilliantly with pesto and swiss cheese.

With this one roasted chicken, I got about 4 - 5 meals, and I have saved the carcass to make stock and then soup.  I definitely got my $9 worth from this one bird.

1 comment:

Cakespy said...

Oh my, that sandwich sounds good. I am in a major sandwich mode right now, and love pesto. I don't think I have ever had it with swiss though! Way to make use of the bird. ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin