Sunday, May 09, 2010

Magazine Monday #60: Curried Pork Burgers

Canadian Living strikes again! When I got the new issue last week, I knew I had to make this recipe. I really like using ground pork for burgers because the burgers are always so nice and juicy, and the mean it a neutral enough flavour that you can do what you want with it seasoning-wise.

I made these last night for my family and they were a huge hit! The grilled red onions were a perfect accompaniment. I will definitely make these again!

The recipe is not up on the site yet, but I'll post it for you here.

Curried Pork Burgers

1lb lean ground pork
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp curry paste (I used Patak's mild curry paste, which I always have on hand)
2 tsp minced gingerroot (I used about 1 tsp dried ground ginger)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced (which I skipped because I don't like them)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp each salt & pepper

1 red onion sliced, drizzled in some vegetable oil

buns, lettuce, etc.

Simple instructions: mix all the meat, the feta, and all the seasonings together & form burgers. Grill. Grill onions until nice & soft. Serve on buns. Bob's your uncle.

Delicious!

5 comments:

Future Grown-Up said...

I'm just not a spicy food kind of girl but I can still appreciate something that looks yummy... I may modify this a bit and make a cowardly version of it someday.

Wandering Coyote said...

Hi FGU! This isn't spicy at all - I can't eat really spicy foods. The curry paste is mild & there was just a tad bit of kick to these. I left out the jalapeno, too.

Donna-FFW said...

The ground pork sounds so tasty with the feta.. I bet these were fantastic!!

creampuff said...

I can't say that I've ever had a pork burger but these look very good. Just in time for grilling season!

Tina said...

I made something like this awhile back and really liked it.

May I come over for lunch?!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin