Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Work Weirdness

We had a whole bunch of twins show up in our shipment of eggs last week! Out of the 12 eggs I cracked for one recipe, I had seven sets of twins. Last Easter was the first time I'd seen twin yolks, and you can find more information about this oddity on a post I did here.

And here is something gross that arrived in an order a few months ago. It looks like the can had been punctured, but no one had noticed, it and it had gone moldy. Ew!

And...I start my new job tomorrow! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Bob said...

Double yolks rule, they make the best cakes. ;)

That can is nasty. I used to work in a dairy department in a large grocery store, back in the day. You wouldn't believe the mold I've seen.

Good luck with your new job!

Future Grown-Up said...

Best of luck with your new job..I know that after one day, they will be wishing they'd hired you sooner.

Now if the chickens are having twin yolks already, it's only a matter of time before we're talking 5 or more yolks and they get their own reality shows. I'm voting for Octo-Cluck myself.

Kim said...

sure is wierd to see so many twin eggs/double yolks! good luck with your new job.

Chris said...

Those eggs probably came from chickens near a nuclear power plant, lol.

That is odd, for real. I've only seen them twice.

Tina said...

I have never even seen a double yolk so I'm glad you posted those photos.

I wish you MUCH LUCK for your new job!!!

Mam said...

Here`s to a great first day!

Dewi said...

Good luck on your first day at work tomorrow. I am sure you will be fine!

NKP said...

I had that double yolk thing happen with most of a carton once 20+ years ago when I was pregnant. I though for sure the gods were trying to tell me I was having twins. Nope.
Best of luck on your new job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin