Monday, January 18, 2010

Haz Waffles!

For Christmas, I asked for and received a lovely new waffle maker! It was a gift from my SIL's parents, C&R, who have always been very kind to me. The new gadget is a Cuisinart, and let me tell you, it makes awesome waffles! Very easy to use, with an alert that tells you when it's heated up, 5 darkness settings, and an alert that tells you when your waffle has been cooked to perfection! And it is truly non-stick. I love this thing so much I have been eating way too many waffles. For the time being, in order to use up stuff in my pantry, I have just been using pancake mixes, but the recipe book that came with the waffle maker contains some seriously amazing-looking stuff that I cannot wait to try!

8 comments:

Future Grown-Up said...

Have to join Bob on this one...I am so jealous also with my $9.99 waffle maker from walgreens.

That said, this is a beautiful waffle maker. And I am looking forward to beautiful waffle creation posts in the future.

Tia said...

ooh - and pretty enough to leave out on the counter! i love it! can't wait to see what recipes u come up with for it.

Unknown said...

ohhh-that's so exciting! I have one of those george forman 5-in-1 things that has baking and waffle plates in addition to the grilling plats. It's pretty cool, but of course the waffles are square and there are no done-ness settings or any of the special dealios. jealous.

Julie said...

Ack! I got the very same waffle maker for Christmas too...lol! I've never had a waffle maker before so I'm enjoying it. I have to tell you I made the basic waffle recipe out of their book first and wasn't crazy about it. Maybe it was just because my maker wasn't seasoned properly, but they just turned out kinda chewy.

Tina said...

That is one fine waffle maker! We love us some Cuisinart in this house.

I like to put jam and syrup on mine....the waffle I mean.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

My wife's nieces were coming for a visit recently and we were walking through a WIlliam's Sonoma... Of all the cooking things I wanted, she decided she had to make waffles in teh shape of circus animals... so that is now our waffle iron. Makes terrible waffles.cooks uneven and they come out hard...

but the niece's love em

Kim said...

That is an excellent waffle maker! I bet the waffles turn out perfectly.

Chris said...

SWEET! I love waffle makers but ours died last year. I want to get one soon.

Here's a very good waffle recipe that we like:

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2009/05/oh-boy-waffles.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin