Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dad's Cake


Dad's Cake
Originally uploaded by wanderingcoyote.

I made this cake for my dad's 60th birthday, which was Christmas Eve. I used my favourite chocolate cake recipe and iced this with an Irish Cream icing. The decoration was done with that same icing with the addition of some cocoa powder. I don't like piping writing with icing; I much prefer to use melted chocolate because it's much easier to pipe. But, we live and learn. It was superb finish to the steak and kidney pie meal, and my dad was thrilled. And that's all that mattered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The script on the cake is beautiful. Nice job! Is the Irish Cream icing a buttercream?

Wandering Coyote said...

Tania: yes, it's just a simple buttercream, but instead of using cream or milk, I used Bailey's.

My piping is coming along, and doing this type of writing was a big focus in school. I love doing it!

~gina~ said...

this is GORGEOUS! what size pan did you use? It looks huge! (all the more to eat =o) )

Wandering Coyote said...

Gina,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! It's a normal 9x13" pan.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin