Friday, June 25, 2010

Cooking with Kylie; Prawn & Mint Salad

Kylie Kwong's Simple Chinese Cooking is rapidly becoming my most frequently used cookbook these days. The food is simple, delicious, and it really fits my budget. The recipes make enough for me to have leftovers if I want them, which is convenient for my work schedule. I am completely addicted to the Prawn Wontons with Spring Onion, Ginger, and Vinegar Dressing; it's just so amazing and I am really getting quick and adept at putting wontons together.

Two nights ago, after indulging in a pre-menstrual grease-filled pig-out, I decided I needed to eat something light, and I decided to make Kylie's Prawn & Mint Salad. I substituted some of the ingredients for ones I liked (cucumber and celery were out, yellow pepper was in, and I used romaine lettuce instead of iceberg), threw this together, and totally loved it! The mint was so nice & fresh and the dressing was light and tasty. I am really digging Kylie's use of malt vinegar in some of her recipes; it's so flavourful and rich.

The recipe for the salad is here.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Now that is a good light meal. But flavorful too!

Have you considered making a badge for your website? You know the ones people can display on their blogs "I'm a fan of" kinda things?

Wandering Coyote said...

I think you've asked me about the badge before...I still don't know how to design one or get the link going...Do you know anyone????

Tina said...

I'll send you a link to one that sounds easy to follow. I haven't tried it yet but maybe today while I'm hanging about the house .

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin