Monday, June 02, 2008

Magazine Mondays Inaugural Edition: Coconut Blondies

Ivonne over at Creampuffs in Venice started Magazine Mondays last fall, just to give some of us foodbloggers a bit of help with content and inspiration. Sometimes, I know for myself, I need that kind of structure.

I have subscriptions to Canadian Living, Bon Appetit, and Gourmet. It's like getting a series of cookbooks in my mailbox every month, and I love it.

The June 2008 issue of Gourmet featured four brownie recipes on the last page, which I just discovered yesterday. While I love a good brownie, I also adore a good blondie. I have a recipe I've used for a few years now, courtesy Granny Annie, that is wonderful and quadruples nicely for more commercial purposes. But this coconut version caught my eye last night as I re-read Gourmet over dinner.

Recipe here.

The result: OH.MY.GOD. Warm with vanilla ice cream: OH.MY.DOUBLE.GOD. Definitely a keeper!

Nutritional breakdown here.

5 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness - I made a mistake coming here before I've eaten breakfast. Or maybe not.

These look delicious, WC! Warm with ice cream. Holy cow.

I'm going to my kitchen - ASAP!!

Cakespy said...

How delicious do these look!? I added them to my blondie love letter!

Unknown said...

hey, girl! thanks for the shout out. i get gourmet as well and was planning on baking some of those brownies for a bake sale this weekend.

Wandering Coyote said...

Hey GrannyAnny! So nice to hear from you - it's been a long time. Hope all is well!

creampuff said...

You sound like a magazine lover just like me! Thanks for your entries.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin