Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Magazine Monday #58...On Tuesday...Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake

What do you do when you are viciously premenstrual and you just HAVE to have a chocolate, peanut butter, pudding, cake fix? You come across a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake in Canadian Living, while looking for another, unrelated, recipe, and you go for it!

The recipe is here.

I didn't use my slow cooker, but rather my nice old oven. Worked great. Here are the results:



And...I couldn't just serve it nekkid, could I? No! I happened to have the perfect accompaniment: Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic ice cream, purchased during recent cross-border shopping trip! As if there wasn't enough peanut butter & chocolate already!


This hit the spot, babies! Totally! The sauce created as this dessert baked could have been a tad thicker, but otherwise, this was a really, really awesome dessert. And half of it was gone 15 minutes after it came out of the oven...

9 comments:

Judith said...

OMYGOD!

Chris said...

Well, if you must know, I am not normally viciously premenstrual ;)

Future Grown-Up said...

This is sublime.... And no, there is no such thing as too much peanut butter. Ever.

Kim said...

The cake looks terrific, but I'm drooling over the peanut butter panic ice cream. I've never seen it in stores before and all I can say is AWESOME!

Bob said...

I can't say I'm even premenstrual, but I still want some! It looks wicked good.

Tina said...

That is a divine combination…peanut butter and chocolate…if I believed in angels I would hear them sing!

shihtzustaff said...

Looks amazing! I looked at the recipe and they put it in the oven. How would it be done in a slow cooker?

Borderline Lil said...

This could be the most divine dessert I've ever seen. Would give anything to be able to TASTE it!!

creampuff said...

Ah, yes. Pre-menstrual. Craving chocolate. Been there. Done that. Love the pudding cake!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin