Friday, February 12, 2010

Recent Lunches

My SIL and I ate at The Greek Oven in Castlegar a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty good. I had eaten there before once, three years previously, and didn't think it was very good. I had had a calamari meal and the coating on the squid was really salty. I decided to give the calamari another try this most recent visit, though, and it was actually decent. Shan had a chicken souvlaki wrap. The lunch menu at The Greek Oven is varied and inexpensive, and I would definitely go again.

I also had yet another great lunch at the Sunshine Cafe last week, along with my brother & SIL.

I had a chicken burger with mushrooms, bacon and Swiss cheese - yum!

My brother had the special, which was a capicolli pannini.

My SIL had a custom wrap full of all kinds of goodies - she said it was delicious.

7 comments:

Elra said...

Gosh, this lunch idea look so good. Love the wrap, is that alfava's sprouts? it's my favorite.

A Year on the Grill said...

Always love to see these posts... hope all is still well!

la said...

The portion sizes are staggering.

Chris said...

I could use a good burger right about now. I don't think I've had red meat in over a week. And that wrap? That's HUGE!

Bob said...

Looks good to me. Love Greek food.

Pierce said...

I see I need to hang around with you and your family - great looking chow there.

Kim said...

The food at the Sunshine cafe looks terrific!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin