Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ravioli Caprese

I really enjoy Giada de Laurentiis's Everyday Italian on the Food Network. Last week, I saw her make these yummy-looking Ravioli Caprese, got ambitious, and made the recipe yesterday for a family dinner. It was a huge hit! The ravioli themselves were not terribly difficult to make, and the simple dressing was light and perfect. This is definitely a keeper.

Ravioli Caprese recipe here. The only issue I had was that there was more pasta dough than filling. I could probably have made an other half a recipe of the filling at least to use up the extra dough I had, and I even used a special scoop I have that measures exactly 1tsp, so my fillings were equal. Also, fresh basil is a must. This won't be the same without it.

Yum!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mmmm, that ravioli does sound yummy although I prefer a tomato based sauce or even a cream sauce. I may have to try this one myself. Thanks for posting it.

sp said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds delicious!!! I like the addition of the lemon zest, such a good accent with basil, in anything. Thanks for sharing, Ill be giving this one a whirl. One of the few shows on the Food Network that I consistently enjoy.

Anonymous said...

PS Karen, I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but won't let me, with WP blog. Just to let you know, I think your blog is terrific as is your book goal. Happy Reading!

Karen said...

Thanks Veggies :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin