Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Camping Grub, Part 1

Actually, "grub" isn't the most accurate word to use to describe the rather amazing food my family and I make and eat while camping, but it has a nice ring to it.

So, to start things off, Saturday's dinner. Steaks brought by Dad, potatoes & Greek salad made by my SIL, grilled corn & watermelon provided by Jem & Shan's friends, S&G.
I have to say that this is the first time I've had corn grilled like this and it was AMAZING! So sweet, thanks to the caramelization, and just so frackin' tasty. The steaks were tender and done to perfection - go Shan! Needless to say, we were all stuffed - but there was dessert. You'll have to stay tuned to see what we made, though!

Camping highlights can be read about here.

9 comments:

Bob said...

I love the pile of steaks. Heh. Grilled corn is a good time, I used to do it like that when I had a grill.

Denise said...

Wow, I would love a little of everything. The grill marks on the corn are awesome.

Reeni said...

Makes me want to go camping! Looks great.

Coleens Recipes said...

PERFECTION! Leftover grilled corn is great in salads.

Donna-FFW said...

I knew I wanted to go, I knew it. I would have eaten like royalty.

Dewi said...

Somehow, food taste so much better when you are at the camping ground.

Heather S-G said...

Nice!

Tina said...

I like what Bob said - a pile of steaks! Love steak.....you guys ate like kings. Camping is fun!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love camping and prepare the food for it. This week-end we are going camping and on the menu there will be a nice chicken curry. Your food looks really good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin