Monday, July 27, 2009

BAC Sandwich

I have lately become quite the avocado addict. I wasn't too picky about them before, only really liking them in guacamole, but lately I have been putting them in sandwiches and in salads and trying to find other things to do with them. They aren't cheap: they're $1.29 a piece at the local overpriced grocery store, and once in a while go on sale for 99cents. So, I've had to really moderate my avocado intake. I did get one the other day for a salad meal I was making, and I had half left over. Earlier this month, Coleen of Coleen's Recipes had a killer idea: bacon & guacamole sandwiches! I bookmarked it immediately.

I didn't exactly make guacamole, rather just chopped up my leftover avocado and mixed in some lime juice and some homemade salsa. I put my sandwich on one of my homemade hamburger buns and added some cheddar cheese. I call it the BAC: Bacon, Avocado, & Cheddar.

You can't beat anything made with bacon, can you? This was one awesome sandwich! Thank you, Coleen!

12 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm happy to be the first one to comment on your sandwich; I'm so glad you tried it! It IS a delicious sandwich and your homemade bun puts it over the top. I love your new name for the sammie.

Donna-FFW said...

What a wonderful combination for a sandwich, no you cannot go wrong with bacon, ever. And the chedar combined with it all, so delicious! Homemade bun.. you are awesome!

Cathy said...

Oh man, that looks amazing. I love bacon and avocado - this would be a great comfort sandwich.

Heather S-G said...

Yum...absolutely delicious!! I always put avocado on my BLT's if I have it in the house...perfect comfort food!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Such tasty sandwich ingredients! Yum!

Dewi said...

Oh, I love avocado. This sounds perfect for your BAC sandwich too.

Bob said...

Bacon and avocado are an awesome combination. I need to make those buns too, they look so good.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a delicious looking beauty!

Cheers,

Rosa

Tina said...

Oh wow - avocados are expensive where you are. Hey, maybe you could get a greenhouse and grow them yourself?! I would love to have one of those things.

Your sandwich looks fab!

Mama Mia said...

I am a certified avocadoholic too. This sandwich looks wonderful!

Reeni said...

This looks so delicious! Love the combo. Those avocados are cheap compared to my 1.99 ones! On sale they are 1.50 - but that happens few and far between.

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks everyone!

Lina: welcome to ReTorte!

Reeni: Sorry, but $1.99 is just plain highway robbery! I guess I'm grateful my local overpriced place sells them for $1.29.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin