Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dinner at Drift

Rossland has a fantastic Asian tapas place called Drift, which I finally got a chance to try when my SIL chose to have her birthday dinner there at the end of December. This place is WAY out of my price range (my dinner cost me $40) but it was so worth it because it was absolutely outstanding. Here are some photos from around the table, where we shared a variety of dishes.

This is a mixed veggie tempura - fabulicious.
Seared tuna.
A bowl of pho, complete with tempura veggies - outstanding.
I am still thinking about this sushi roll - a tempura salmon roll with cream cheese and leek that was deep fried...ORGASMIC.
Fish tacos made with halibut.
Edamame.
Beef tenderloin skewers with blue cheese butter.
Tofu something.
Spicy ginger beef rice bowl.

6 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

It looks beautiful, but whenever I go to those restaurants now, I always spend the entire thinking about what i could do with $40 for a single meal

Wandering Coyote said...

Dave: I know, I know...It was A LOT of money for me...But it was so worth it, IMO! This was AMAZING!

JC said...

Looks fantastic!
I am trying to figure out how to get to your real blog. Let me know! :)

JC said...

sorry- not your "real" blog, i know this is real too!!! lol

Kim said...

That deep fried sushi roll looks outstanding!! Every once in awhile it is good to have a treat.

Van said...

I love veggie tempura - especially asparagus. I've always wanted to make some on my own, as well as learn out to do sushi.

Funny enough, I purchased Nori today (as I was planning on using it in my dish) but I went another way.

And let's face it - deep fried anything is orgasmic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin